Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Index cards to the rescue...

I joined GTD Connect last week, OK it is a bit pricey but the cancel whenever option allows me to decide if the value is no longer there. But to date I think it is very good, great content, very responsive support so pretty good so far.

The value for me is hearing via audio and video the messages in the book being reinforced - I think I'm getting it at last!!

I finally cracked the behaviour of dealing with things once ie capture once and process once (according to context). I found keeping everything lo-tech has helped, hence index cards to the rescue for lists and lists.

I found simple templates courtesy of Bare Bones HPDA and found plastic envelopes for each context - this allows easy access for viewing and portability.
Cards are colour coded red for next actions, green for projects, blue for agendas , yellow for waiting and white for notes or someday projects.

The accessibility, portability and flexibility of paper based approach has made this more second nature to me than the pda and computer methods.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home