Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Ciak v Moleskin

Tempted by a fruit of another?

I have been a Moleskin fan for years. But like any good addict I can always be tempted by something new and shiny. I acquired two pocket size Ciaks - one with multi cooured paper ideal for GTD. The other a slimmer pocket version with a pen and Moleskin style pocket.

Unlike the Moleskin the Ciaks have a stiff bonded leather cover, this looks quite stylish at first but in use it doesn't lossen up well which means the notebooks don't lay flat - a major drawback from my perspective.

I'm no expert but the paper doesn't seem to be as good the Moleskin seems to write better. The organisational ability of the multi coloured paper is good i set up all the necessary categories of In-notes, actions, agendas, waiting for, project lists etc . At one level this is handy and less work than the tab-hacks but personally less effective than lists on Index cards.

The slim pocket book is good to carry round being fewer pages and more flexi than a pocket Moleskin . But overall quality the Moleskin is better the pocket is better - the Ciak pocket is outward facing which is not as good . The ribbon on the Ciak is much longer and frayed very quickly and doesn't look good.

Overall I think I will stick with Moleskin the overall quality and range is better. But the big plus is the lay flat ability of the Moleskin.

Next stop the new city notebook range - I will get a London one and set up as a reference book, roll on early October!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home